Tuesday, September 06, 2005

LOST

SWEEEEEEET. The whole first season of LOST was released on DVD today. Lena and I made a trip to Best Buy to purchase it and I was pleasantly surprised that the security guy at the front door still remembered me and welcomed we like he did in the good old days with Dekker and Tamminga. I gotta say that I really love the fact that the guy actually recognizes me. We chatted about the Packers for a bit when Lena and I were on the way out the door. We managed to watch 2 episodes before we were too tired to go on. Only 19 more to watch in the next two weeks and 1 day!
I started reading Lament for a Son by Nick Walterstorf last night. I have wanted to read it for a while and Lena had a copy so I picked it up. Speaking of reading and Lena: any suggestions on pre-marriage books to read?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan and Betsy said...

lost creeps me out waaayy too much for it to be fun. but i'm glad to hear that the best buy guy remembers you. i remember walking into that store with any one of you guys, and having to wait for a few minutes while you chat it up with the dude at the door. ahh, the memories. :) i'm sure you're going to enjoy lament for a son - fantastic book. i'm going to stay away from the pre-marriage book recommendations, as i'm not so qualified in that department. talk to aaron. wait. he doesn't know either, and that's why i like him more than any one else. i miss you guys!!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Young Adults said...

Hey Clemo,
We used a really good bible study book that I highly recommend. It is called "Preparing for Marriage: the complete guide to help you discover God's plan for a lifetime of love." It is edited by Dennis Rainey. It was totally awesome... we loved it. It's not just reading, alot of it is actually worksheets that you work through individually and then talk about together. The book comes in a set of 2, 1 for each of you. We ordered it from that Christian book store right on East Paris near 28th street. But you could probably find it on Amazon. Sarah and Kenny also used this book, and I remember being jealous of them at the time because it was such a cool book! (We weren't engaged, so we couldn't study it yet).

Speaking of bible studies, next time we're in town, could you give us back our "Too busy to pray" books? I was really missing it the other day; I'd like to read it again. Thanks!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home